Each cottage comes fully equipped for housekeeping and has the following common features:
- Stove & Fridge
- Microwave, coffee maker & coffee filters, toaster, kettle, dishes, cookware, silverware etc.
- Most cottages also have a dish washer
- Specialty items are not provided so guests should bring their own.
- All bedding, linens and towels are provided.
- All cottages come with Satellite TV (upgraded to Flat Screen for 2016)
- Most cottages have dishwashers
- Some cottages have fireplaces and whirlpool tubs
- Cottages have electric heat and ceiling fans in each room
- All cottages have Air Conditioning
- Gyproc & pine interiors with carpet & vinyl flooring.
- Propane BBQ and Patio table set on the deck of each cottage
- Each cottage has a patio deck
- Wireless Internet Connection available (upgraded in 2016 for faster speed)
- Heated Pool, Open from last week of June through till Labour Day
- Free WiFi Connection in every cottage (upgraded to Eastlink for faster speed for 2017) and throughout the property
- Children’s playground with several swing sets, fast slide, trapeze sets, climbing cargo nets, 2 sets of monkey bars, 2 rock climbing walls, a large climbing dome, and 2 teeter totters that also act like a merry-go-round
- Dish cloths & dish towels, pot holders/oven gloves, garbage bags, coffee filters
- Dish soap for the dishwasher, and regular dish liquids
- Toilet paper, hotel type soaps
- Propane for the BBQ
- Resanitation of the cottage for those guests who stay 1 week or longer
- Towel exchange available at the office between 11am – 7pm
We do not provide:
- any food items, condiments, paper towel, aluminum or plastic wraps, shampoo, conditioners, hair dryers
- Beach/Pool towels (cottage towels cannot be taken outside)
- Beach Chairs or Beach Umbrellas
- Daily Housekeeping
Children’s Playground Activities on Site:
We have lots of activities for the children on site. Our Children’s Playground area consists of 7 swing sets, 2 climbing cargo nets, 2 trapeze combo swings with rings, 1 whirl & twirl swing, 1 fast Alpine Wave slide, a smaller slide for toddlers, 2 different sizes of climbing rock walls, 2 sets of monkey bars 16 feet long.
- NO Pets Allowed on the property (including those with visitors)
- No Smoking inside the cottage
- Quiet time is 11pm – 8am; respect must be given to others sleeping so no gathering on the decks after quiet time
- Sorry no wood burning fire pits permitted (you can bring your propane fire pit to use but you have to supply our own propane)
- Guests can bring their towels to the office between 11am – 7pm to exchange for fresh ones
- Cottage towels are not allowed to be used at the Pool or Beach (you will need to bring your beach towels for outside use)
- We are a small establishment and not suitable for reunions, large gatherings/get togethers etc .
- Off Site Visitors are permitted on site between 10am – 9pm but all visitors must vacate the premises by 9pm.
- Visitors who are staying at campgrounds but come here to use our facilities each day will be asked to pay a user fee of $5 per person per day.
- NO Parties
- Tents, camper trailers or RV’s are not permitted on the property to house people. There are 5 Campgrounds within 5 mins of the cottages.
- No wood burning fires permitted (due to asthma)
- Check in time is between 4pm and 9:00pm for all 1 bedroom cottages and all 2 bedroom deluxe cottages. Cottages with 2 bathrooms or 3 bedrooms have a check in time between 4:30pm -9pm. If you will be arriving outside of these hours, please contact us in advance so we can try to accommodate your request.
- Please note those who purchase Packages (Family or Couples) can pick up passes anytime from 11am onward as long as you notify us 1 day prior to arrival to make arrangements for early pick up.
- Check out time is 10:30am for 1 and 2 bedroom cottages. Check out time is 11am for 2 bathroom cottages and all 3 bedroom cottages
Distances to Attractions, Dining, Golf Courses, Beach & Groceries:
Within 5-8 minutes drive to the following attractions/shopping/golf: (see a map of these attractions on our “Map/Attractions” tab)
- Cavendish Beach (East & West Entrances)
- Cavendish Boardwalk Shopping
- Shining Waters Family Fun Park
- Sandspit Amusement Park
- Avonlea Village
- (Anne of) Green Gables House
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Wax World of Stars and Mariner’s Cover Mini Golf
- Cavendish Visitor Information Centre
- Cavendish Music Festival
- Local Grocery Stores, Landry Marts and Rustico Liquor Store
- Famous Lobster Suppers
- Golfing at Eagles Glenn, Anderson’s Creek, Glasgow Hills and Green Gables are all within 5-8 mins drive of the cottages
- Large Chain Grocery Stores within 25-35 minutes of the cottages, such as Sobeys & Superstore which are located in
- Charlottetown & Summerside.